Saturday, March 6, 2010

a good-ass sandwich

Rode my bike down to Wicker Park to deliver broken boot to cobbler and pickup a contact order. WP was thick with WP type people enjoying the winter-reprieve and the first viable real day of spring. WP is full of yuppies, bands loading equipment into bars and basically any stereo-type that MTV would want to pick up for a reality show. I'm glad I don't live there anymore, but I miss sandwiches at Cipollina. So I went there and had a prosciutto, fancy cheese and fig spread panini. I read a book and soaked up the sun in front of their giant window. Watched two adorable sweet dogs greet each other and wistfully be led away from each other. I listened to this yuppie man trying to satisfy his french wife(?) they had a haughty teenage daughter and a toddler daughter. Everyone was well-heeled. The people behind the counter are always adorable earnest hipsters.

I felt really peaceful soaking up the sun, the scene while enjoying a good-ass sandwich and fancy Italian orange soda.

No comments: