Friday, December 5, 2008

cold, smells and spills.

It's cold in Chicago so it was inevitable that'd I'd see a frozen spilled coffee drink on the sidewalk. I find this brown sight gross, but fascinating. It looks so violent and dirty. It's a mini-wreck to divert attention away from the frigid wind whipping around the corner.

One of the buildings on my way to the train has been smelling all week. Like a whole lotta poop. There sewer system must be broken. I think they got it fixed because I didn't make an automatic squinchy face as I walked by this morning. I've been avoiding this frozen brown mound in the parking lot by this building. I usually cut right through it. Because of the smell it made me think it might be a big mound of poop. Maybe that was where the smell was coming from. Today I realized it was a pile of leaves.

I remember last week when it was fall and not sudden deep winter.

No comments: