Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lighting my way

This weekend I finally made my way to Home Depot and bought a replacement light cover for my bathroom. Not as cool as the fugly cover shaped like a clam shell, but what can you do?
bathroom
Shell cover RIP

I also bought some energy-saving light bulbs for the kitchen. I had 2, 40 watt bulbs in the fixture as a temporary fix and it was too dark for a kitchen. I like a kitchen to be bright and cheerful. A seemingly simple purchase. Well I bought bright sunlight blue lights and that was a mistake. It is the worst florescent harshness possible for a kitchen and it make my pasty skin the pastiest ever. I'm afraid to find out what this lighting does to brocolli. My basket of apples looks like a dead purple color. It is cold and morgue like. No good! I hated it immediately, but the thought of getting on 2 buses in the cold and going back to Le Depot for light bulbs is unappealing. So I decided the solution was paint my kitchen light cover the first acrylic red I found in my laytex paint box. This looked as terrible as one would think. So I then cleaned (most) of it off. I guess I need this process to accept the fact that a cold bus transfer for some stinking bulbs is in my future. I had to go through a rash form of denial. I hate shopping for this kind of crap. I like to leave my house for work, socialness and exercise. Other than that I wish I had a drop box for all my worldly goods. I do however enjoy going to a hardware store when I have an excuse to buy hardware or tools. Gazing at the shelves of options becomes a beautiful communion of possibilities. Tool time is what I want Home Depot for, not light bulb mistakes.

No comments: